Peace of mind is everything when choosing a childcare center. To help make that all-important decision for you and your child, consider these seven factors:
- Reputation: What are people saying about the center?
- Staff: Are care providers enthusiastic and positive? What is their educational background?
- Environment: Is the facility safe and clean?
- Rules: Has the center established operating policies and procedures? What are the staff/child ratios for each age group?
- Curriculum: Is there an age-appropriate educational plan? Does the daily schedule include activities that are stimulating and creative?
- Accreditation: Has the center gone beyond state licensing requirements to achieve national accreditation?
- Instinct: When you visit, do children look happy? Do you feel the environment reflects your values?
Compare child care providers using this handy printable worksheet to help you discover the right child care for your family.