National Association for the Education of Young Children
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is an accrediting institution for early education. All Lakeview Child Centers are accredited by NAEYC.
Accreditation by NAEYC is an achievement we work hard to maintain. NAEYC-accredited programs:
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical and social
- Use developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches
- Provide on-going assessments of each child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family
- Promote the nutrition and health of the children and protect children and staff from illness and injury
- Employ and support a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse interests and needs
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support achievement of program goals
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal and program management policies so that all children, families and staff have high-quality experiences.
Using NAEYC tools we are in a continual process to improve our program in order to provide the best possible educational opportunities for children. All programs are subject to random, unannounced visits by assessors to ensure that we continue to meet standards after achieving accreditation.
–T. Berry Brazelton, MD
The Brazelton Institute, Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Pediatric/Adult Asthma Coalition of New Jersey (PACNJ)
Lakeview Child Center was designated as the first recipient of the Asthma Friendly Child Care Program Award by the Pediatric/Adult Asthma Coalition of New Jersey.
Lakeview Child Centers have achieved the Let’s Move! Child Care Recognition Award for it’s encouragement of healthy lifestyles in children.