For the pre-schooler, the emphasis each day is on play. Through guided play, your child engages in a creative learning exchange between the mind, body and environment — and connects with his/her world
Our teachers focus on all areas of learning at a time, making academics through play an integrated experience. Using real objects to enhance problem solving skills has cognitive, neurological, social/emotional and physiological benefits. Building on children’s interests, strengths and needs as well as culture and home language of each child in the group provides an inviting environment in which to grow.
- Develop social skills through small group activities, interact and share with other children
- Develop creativity through music, art activities and dramatic play experiences
- Develop motor skills through art, outdoor play, writing, use of manipulatives
- Develop independence and self-esteem through care of classroom environment, clean up, serving food
- Develop cognitive skills by exploring science, math, social studies and language activities
- Field trips